Facilities Services has an ongoing effort to inform the campus community of scheduled outages that occur on campus. This information is accurate and reliable but may change. Please inform all persons in your department who might be affected by the scheduled outages. If additional information is required, please call Facilities Services front desk, at (951) 827-4214 or email us at email@example.com.
Electrical Shutdown / Service Interruption
Sunday, December 15, 2019, 6:00 am - 7:00 am
In preparation for the construction of the Student Success Center (SSC), it will be necessary to have electrical power work performed. Due to the aging electrical infrastructure on campus, this work will require the following:
- Four (4) buildings to have a complete shutdown (list below).
- A large number of additional buildings may possibly experience several interruptions each of which would last fewer than 5 minutes in duration.
- The proposed date of Sunday, December 15, 2019 was selected due to the scope and safety considerations required for this work, as it can only be performed during a time period when power usage is at its lowest and campus business operations are closed.
It is our goal to limit interruptions related to this power project. Facilities Services staff will be onsite to ensure all power returns to normal. Buildings with back-up generators will support fire and life safety systems and E-power circuits only.
Date: Sunday, December 15, 2019, 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
1. The following four buildings will have a FULL POWER SHUTDOWN. During this time, occupants will not be allowed in the building.
|FULL POWER SHUTDOWN|
Athletics & Dance Building
|CHASS Interdisciplinary North & South
Student Business Services Building
2. The following buildings MAY EXPERIENCE SHORT-TERM INTERRUPTIONS OF POWER.
- The buildings below are not scheduled to experience long-term power outages. Any power interruption which may occur will likely be brief in nature, lasting from a few seconds to a few minutes.
- If interruptions occur, they will likely occur 2 times in the morning between 7am - 10am and 2 times mid-day between 1pm - 4pm. For a total of 4 possible interruptions.
- Minus (-) 80 degree and minus (-) 20 degree freezers will not be impacted during short-term power interruptions, if they occur.
|POSSIBLE POWER INTERRUPTIONS|
Aberdeen Inverness Residence Hall
Lothian Residence Hall
Occupants who may experience service interruptions should take the following precautions prior to December 15, 2019:
- If you have sensitive research equipment or systems you know can be impacted by power interruption and you have not connected them to uninterrupted power devices (UPS) and surge protectors, please plan to disconnect and turn off equipment for the duration of the day to avoid any damage.
- Additional information on how to power down your lab may be found from our partners at EH&S: https://ehs.ucr.edu/laboratory/utilities
Chris Pillen, Assistant Director of Maintenance Services
(951) 827-7932 / firstname.lastname@example.org